Great to see so many proud 217 Hawks in purple and gold for our Spirit Day this past Friday! Classes 501, K004 and 101 had 100% of their students wearing school colors and received vouchers for free popcorn, congratulations!
Order your Valentine Grams now for delivery between February 9-12. Advance orders can be placed in an envelope with payment for the PTA. Look for PTA volunteers selling Valentine Grams in the mornings before school the week of February 9th.
Download a page of Valentine Grams and fill them out today! Order one, a few, or enough for your whole class.
Our Saturday Family Dance is postponed in light of the Blizzard Watch issued by the US Weather Service. We are particularly concerned with the combination of wind and snow and the ability of school employees and vendors for the dance to safely get in and out of the city.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and will keep you updated on the revised date of the event. The tentative date for the Dance is February 27th.
Thank you for your support and understanding. Stay warm and safe!
The PTA's Spring Fling & Silent Auction is coming up on
Saturday March 19, 2016 from 2-5 p.m.
This will be a fun family event, with entertainment
for the whole family and great food.
Please save the date!
Last year the PTA raised approximately $16,000 at the auction, which helped the PTA pay for our school's enrichment programs such as Studio in a School, ballroom dancing, the Gold Opera, gardening and African dance,
as well as supporting the science program, library and many other programs!
This year, our goal is to raise even more. And we need your help.
Please come to our auction planning kick-off meeting on
Wednesday, January 20 after drop-off - in the PTA room.
Here are other ways to get involved:
CLASS BASKETS & PROJECTS
We are asking all parents to contribute items to class baskets, which will be sold at the silent auction. Your class parent will be in touch with you shortly with more information.
DONATIONS FOR THE AUCTION
* Donations for the auction can be anything - services, tickets, jewelry, designer handbags, a week or weekend in a vacation home, a gift certificate, etc. Please see the attached documents, which include some suggestions.
* Please consider what your family or employer could donate -- do you work for a designer, at a photography studio, or in the entertainment industry? Could you donate your time or your company's goods/services? Do you work with any food or beverage distributors, or restaurants -- could they provide the food/drink for the auction? Do you have any new items or gifts that you don't think you'll use?
* Please consider what donations can be solicited from our community. For example, do you go to a particular bakery or restaurant constantly? See if they will donate a gift certificate! Does your child take dance or gymnastics? See if the facility will donate a package of classes. Do you go to a particular wine store or yoga studio? Ask for a gift certificate!
* Please use THE FORMS BELOW when you ask for donations. Asking for donations with these forms is easy and quick - and the worst thing that will happen is that they say no.
* All donations are 100% tax-deductible, and donors will be recognized in our auction catalog, which will be viewed by hundreds of members of the PS/IS 217 school community.
* We need volunteers to help plan and to manage the auction itself. Please let us know how you can help!
To get involved, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!
We look forward to seeing you at the auction!!
Click HERE to buy tickets online.
City Council Member Ben Kallos honored PS IS 217 and Roosevelt Islanders at his State of the District event on January 10, 2016 for winning the 2015 Participatory Budget Vote and garnering half a million dollars toward the STEM Green Roof Project.
There were loud cheers when Principal Beckman and PTA president Olga Shchuchinov were mentioned along with 217 students and Girl Scouts from troops 3001, 3244 and 3245 for their winning efforts.
The hour long event was attended by the Manhattan Borough President Brewer, Assembly Member Seawright, Senator Krueger, and Comptroller Scott Stringer who enjoyed several photos of 217 on the big screen.
What a great way to start 2016!