The PTA's Spring Fling & Silent Auction is coming up on
Saturday March 19, 2016 from 2-5 p.m.
This will be a fun family event, with entertainment
for the whole family and great food.
Please save the date!
Last year the PTA raised approximately $16,000 at the auction, which helped the PTA pay for our school's enrichment programs such as Studio in a School, ballroom dancing, the Gold Opera, gardening and African dance,
as well as supporting the science program, library and many other programs!
This year, our goal is to raise even more. And we need your help.
Please come to our auction planning kick-off meeting on
Wednesday, January 20 after drop-off - in the PTA room.
Here are other ways to get involved:
CLASS BASKETS & PROJECTS
We are asking all parents to contribute items to class baskets, which will be sold at the silent auction. Your class parent will be in touch with you shortly with more information.
DONATIONS FOR THE AUCTION
* Donations for the auction can be anything - services, tickets, jewelry, designer handbags, a week or weekend in a vacation home, a gift certificate, etc. Please see the attached documents, which include some suggestions.
* Please consider what your family or employer could donate -- do you work for a designer, at a photography studio, or in the entertainment industry? Could you donate your time or your company's goods/services? Do you work with any food or beverage distributors, or restaurants -- could they provide the food/drink for the auction? Do you have any new items or gifts that you don't think you'll use?
* Please consider what donations can be solicited from our community. For example, do you go to a particular bakery or restaurant constantly? See if they will donate a gift certificate! Does your child take dance or gymnastics? See if the facility will donate a package of classes. Do you go to a particular wine store or yoga studio? Ask for a gift certificate!
* Please use THE FORMS BELOW when you ask for donations. Asking for donations with these forms is easy and quick - and the worst thing that will happen is that they say no.
* All donations are 100% tax-deductible, and donors will be recognized in our auction catalog, which will be viewed by hundreds of members of the PS/IS 217 school community.
* We need volunteers to help plan and to manage the auction itself. Please let us know how you can help!
To get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!
We look forward to seeing you at the auction!!